Contact Me

angelicascott1026@gamil.com

EDM 310 Class Blog

Followers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

C4T #3 Summary

I have been fallowing Mr. Bill Ferriter . Mr. Ferriter teaches 6th grade language arts in North Carolina, where he was named a Regional Teacher of the Year for 2005-2006. He has designed professional development courses for educators nationwide. His trainings include how to use blogs, wikis, and podcasts in the classroom; the role of iTunes in teaching and learning; and the power of digital movie making.
The first post I commented on was titled “Teacher Evaluation is Fatally Flawed”. In this post Mr.Ferriter talks about Teachers getting evaluated and how they really aren’t being done correctly. He talks about the number of flaws he sees in his own teaching but still manages to get excellent ratings on his teacher evaluations. I told Mr.Ferriter that I do not know much if any about teacher evaluations other then my dad is an administrator and he has talked about how important it is to really do them right. I also read so other peoples comments on his thoughts and on person asked if maybe evaluators are scared that they are going to run teachers off and I wondered why teachers would be scared if they use the bad comments as a way of helping them improve.
The second blog post I commented on was titled “What Does Technorati’s State of the Blogosphere Report Mean for Education Bloggers”. ? This was very interesting to me because before EDM310 I had no clue what blogging was. Mr.Ferriter takes the main concepts of Technorati’s State of Blogosphere report and summarizes the main points. I told him that I was a new bloger and have really enjoyed the process and having the chance to read other blogs and respond to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment