Contact Me

angelicascott1026@gamil.com

EDM 310 Class Blog

Followers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blog Assignment 2

 this is a picture of the world filled with different things used in classrooms
Did You Know?
 At first I didn’t really know what to think , but as I started to think about the statistics that were streaming across my screen I realized how much I didn’t know. I feel like we as humans are getting too advanced for our own planet. I have only been alive 20 years and I can even tell how fare we have come. We study history and some times forget that the things people are coming up with are and will be history.
Mr. Winkle Wakes
  I think this is a very well done video. Showing how technology is growing so fast but that class rooms haven’t changed much. I think it’s sad that teachers don’t have the ecology in their class rooms to make learning a lot better. Most class rooms that I have been in still have your basic chalk board and a teacher can not do much with that but have students copy notes from the board and I don’t believe that one can really learn from that.
 Vicki Davis: Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts
  I think she would be a great teacher to have. I think that if all kids had as many resources as those kids have the drop out rate would decrees dramatically because kids would want to learn. I agree that kids need more then paper and pencil to learn they need to be able to use technology to the fullest. I like that the teacher made it clear that she was ok with her students teaching her knew things when a lot of teachers I know and had wouldn’t like that. 
Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity
  I think it’s very important to be creative. When we were younger being creative was what made us who we were. Then as we got older the creativity turned it a hobby and being right became what was important. If students were able to be more creative other then fallowing the strict guidelines of society I think a lot more would be learned. This video is very funny and also gets its point across.  

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same exact thing that you were on "Did You Know". There were so many facts that I did not realize. I did not really think about what you said,"That we may be becoming to advanced". The more I think about it, I think you may be right. I mean twenty years from now, will those facts really be correct? On the same note, I do believe that classrooms should be more up-to-date, than Mr. Winkle recalls them as. As a student myself, I did not get much out of pure lectures with just chalk and the board. I did so much better with classroom activities and such. I also agree that Vicki Davis would be a great teacher to have. You could tell that she really loved her job and had a passion for what she does. I feel that her learning techniques make students want to learn and know more of whats going on out there in society. Sir Ken Robinson did get the point across, I felt that everything he said was exactly right. Creativity is what makes us who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good comments Angelica. The video "Did You Know" is very thought provoking. Things do change quickly. Keep in mind on these kinds of presentations are designed to get a certain message across. The same numbers could be presented differently and seem to say something totally different.

    Your blog is coming along. The gadgets About me, followers, etc. should be on the side though. Check into that. Otherwise, keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete