Contact Me

angelicascott1026@gamil.com

EDM 310 Class Blog

Followers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blog Assignment 3

A Vision of Students Today:
I have been in school for three years now and looking at that video reminded me of some of the class I never attended or wanted to fall asleep in because the class was boring. As those students held up their papers I thought back and I remember thinking a lot of those same things. What I don’t understand is why technology isn’t being used and that copying what’s on the board is considered a way of learning.
I hear kids talking about different classes and the amount they are spending on books that the teacher says they need but that they never use and then when they try to sell them back they don’t even get half the price. I try to look at every ones situation with an open mind because I know that every ones is different. The video seemed to have been taken from the student’s point of view, but what about the teachers? I think sometimes it is forgotten at one point teachers where just like us and I think it would be interesting to see what their thought on the things we are dealing with at this age are.

It’s not about the Technology:
I remember being younger and wondering what it was going to be like to be a teacher when I grew up. I wondered how things would be different and what things would stay the same. I knew technology was becoming more advanced and I wondered how or if that would affect teach as I got older and how different it would be to be the teacher and not the student.
I think Mrs. Hines made some great points about education and really understands what needs to happen to improve education. I agree that teachers have to be up to date with every thing and any thing because in some way it affects them, good or bad. I agree it’s important that teachers can some how find ways to relater to there students. I also liked that Mrs. Hines talked about that we have to find away to make learning successful for all students. A also agree that technology is a great tool to use when it is use right.

Gary Hayes Social Media Count:
I can’t believe how fast all those numbers keep moving. As a teacher I think this is very important because we will be teaching students who are familiar with a lot of technology. Its odd to know that every second some one is doing something on the computer and how connected every one is at all times.

Is It ok to Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?
I have never been on to say I was technology savvy. Now after starting this class I can still confirm I am way behind on technology. At first I didn’t know what a blog was and I didn’t know any one who had one or used one, but know I am realizing there is so much more to do on the internet then I could of every imagined.
 This is a picture of a eye on a computer screen
It’s all very overwhelming because I need skills like this to help me be a better teacher in the future and I am just now getting use to the word blog. I wish I would have had more classes on computer technology when I was in school I think kids need more then just typing class. I know that technology is only going to keep increasing so how are we suppose to keep up and teach our students ?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Angelica,
    I totally agree with you on your blog about Its not about the technology. I still wonder what it will be like to be a teacher in a time when technology is changing at such a fast pace. I think it is good that we, as educators, have the oppotunity to learn with our students. I love the point she makes about finding a way to make learning successful for all students also.

    ReplyDelete