Contact Me

angelicascott1026@gamil.com

EDM 310 Class Blog

Followers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment # 2


1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves?
I think that if you really want to learn something that you will teach yourself how to do it, and when you teach yourself I think you tent to get more out of the experience.
2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves?
I think that kids are a lot smarter then they are given credit for some times. I also take in consideration a Childs age; I wouldn’t expect a 3rd grader to be able to teach themselves at the same level or speed as an 8th grader.
3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself? I think the biggest factor to any one teaching them self is motivation. Kids teach themselves things all the time. Motivation and determination is very important.
4. What roll do computer and internet access play in the process?
The computer and internet are very important tools to me in any learning experience. When I want to get back ground information or ideas for something I want to learn the first thing I do is go to my computer and Google my topic. So much information is out there that it would be a waste not to use the information.
5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn? If one doesn’t want to learn then her or she isn’t going to put the effort that is need to be successful then nothing will be accomplished.
6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions plat in the process? I think that problems cause questions. When one comes across a problem usually they want to know the answer to that problem.
7. How do you motivate someone to learn? I think the best way to motivate some one to learn is to make learning fun.
8. How are you motivated to learn? I love finding knew things out and knew ways to do things. I also thing that not getting something right the first time really motivates me when it comes to learning.
9. Can any one who is not motivated learn? I think motivation is the leading factor of learning. I don’t think that you can really learn and grasp a concept completely unless you want to.
10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why? I teach myself knew thing on a daily basis. I like to take look at all my mistakes as a learning experience.
11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning? I think that teachers are there to motivate and to ask kids questions that make them want to learn and find the answer to. I work with 3rd graders and I love to ask them why about everything they tell me.
12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video? I think I took away the feeling of disappointment in kids leaving in the United States today. I believe that a lot is taken for granted, compared to those children are not motivated at all. You could see how excited those kid where to learn and find the answers and I have walked in classrooms where kid’s heads are on the desk they are asleep.
13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers? I think teachers should question the way things are being taught and try to figure out knew ways to motivate their students instead of giving hours of copying notes off the chalkboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment