Contact Me

angelicascott1026@gamil.com

EDM 310 Class Blog

Followers

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blog Assignment 9


I think that Mr.McClung really helped me be more aware of how hard it is to be to be a new teacher but at the same time how exciting it is. I understand how important it is to remember that all students might not be on the same level and that I can’t expect every one to make perfect scores. I liked that he talked about the use of technology because by taking this class I have learned how useful technology is going to be in my teaching and how much more I will be able to add to my lessons. I have asked both of my parents, who are educators, about the idea of keeping to your lesson plan and like Mr.McClung they told me that some of the best lessons are the ones that aren’t necessarily planed out point by point. I have been in a 3rd grade class room for about a month now and I have learned that listening to your students is very important. Kids need to feel like some ones listening to them. Some times your students can teach you things that you never knew or give you different outlooks on topics you thought you knew a lot about. Over all I think this was a great article and I enjoyed all the information.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I definitely think we shouldn't expect that we will be able to stick to our lesson all the time. I also like that you think listening to your students is vital. I also believe it is critical to listen to your students because like he said, we as educators may be the only ones listening to them. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last paragraph is key. Way to go! Next time you come into the lab, remind one of the staff to look at your blog and rearrange the layout with you.

    ReplyDelete