Contact Me

angelicascott1026@gamil.com

EDM 310 Class Blog

Followers

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog Assignment 6

The Networked Student
            My first impression on this video was that it sounded like just what we were doing in EDM310. I liked the paper dolls I thought it was a creative way to give a visual image of every thing that was being said. A lot of what was being talked about where things that we are doing now in class including reading other peoples blogs and commenting on them and sharing our own opinions on our own blog.
            As I continue to complete assignments I get more and more comfortable with the concept of networking. I enjoy reading other peoples thoughts and feelings on different subjects and learning different techniques. The hardest part to me would probably be just getting use to every thing and not being in a class room. On the other hand I feel like one can still have that teacher, classmate, and teacher relationship because we are all there to help each other.
            I do not know if I am prepared to be a teacher of a network student. I am a people person and I feel like being in the classroom is something that is important. I know that technology is advancing every day and that this concept is going to become a lot more popular. I think that it might be good for upper level students like in high school but I wouldn’t want to have all classes networked.
A 7th graders Personal Learning Environment
            I am very impressed that this was done by a 7th grader considering I am a junior in collage and just now learning some of the techniques she uses. It is great that she already knows how to do so much at such a young age. Her PLE is defiantly a lot more advanced then my PLN. I wish that I would have had the chance she did to start at a younger age because now I feel like I am behind. I agree with her that it makes you become a lot more responsible and the end product is a lot cooler then paper work.
The machine is Changing us
 this is a picture of the world networking
            I think this was a very cool video. I like the way he goes back and brings up how much things have changed. I think it’s cool how the generations have changed in good and bad ways. The media has a lot of influence on society. It seems to me that the media in some ways controls the way we speak, think and act. It makes me wonder what it would be like if we didn’t have the media, would some people be able to survive? 

1 comment:

  1. Great post Angelica!

    This seventh grader is impressive. I don't think you should feel like you are behind though. What she is doing and what we want you to do with your PLN was not available when you were a seventh grader. We are all a part of the evolutionary process of education. Today we have new tools and so we use them to provide students the best education we can. Tomorrow the tools will be new again and we want you to be ready to go with the flow and have the right attitude to continue learning and keep your students on the cutting edge of what will give them the best opportunities to succeed. SS

    ReplyDelete