Contact Me

angelicascott1026@gamil.com

EDM 310 Class Blog

Followers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blog Assignment 7

this is a picture of a smileyface with thumbs up
Randy Pausch is a professor at Carnegie Mellon. He is an amazing speaker filled with a lot of energy and was well worth the watch. Mr. Pausch talked about his dreams as a child and how important it is to fulfill those dreams and to not let any one stand in your way; it reminded me of checking things off a bucket list. Mr.Pausch “last lecture”, reminded me never to take life for granted and live it to the fullest.
During his speech Mr. Pausch refers to a “brick wall”, this wall is a wall he has encountered and a wall that I think every one has encountered at one point in their lives. He talks about the wall and says that the wall is their to block the people who aren’t willing to do any thing and every thing to get around it. I agree with him that if you really want to accomplish something you have to be willing to do any thing. The brick wall blocks the people who just stare at it and never find away threw it.
I loved Mr.Pausch quote “experience is what you get when you don’t get what you want”. He is so right, every thing isn’t suppose to be easy. If we didn’t fail in life then we wouldn’t learn any thing. As children we all learn to ride a bike and during that time we fall down. Through that experience of falling down we learn how not to fall down. Mr.Pausch talks about all the people that his experiences and the people that where along for that ride including is family. Those are the people you will remember the ones that where there when you where falling.
I think that almost all students at one point dread some part of the learning process. I think Mr.Pausch really understood that and that’s what made his hands-on learning so successful. He empathized with his student and knew the best way to teach something was to find ways to make you forget you where learning. I have always found it easier to learn when I am having fun or enjoying the processes.
Mr.Pausch was a great speaker. I believe that he inspired any one and every one he came in contact with. Just that one video reminded me never to give up on my dreams and to be thankful for every thing I have. He really seemed to have enjoyed every thing he accomplished and never regretted any thing.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Mr. Pausch was a phenomenal speaker. His presentation was very inspiring. I, too, find it easier to learn when having fun and not realizing that I am actually engaged in the learning process. I was intrigued by the advice he received about not setting the bar anywhere, and told his students he expected better. I think that was a great technique to get his students to give it their all.

    ReplyDelete