Contact Me

angelicascott1026@gamil.com

EDM 310 Class Blog

Followers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog Assignment 10

An Open Letter to Educators
I had Morgan Bayda blog earlier in the year and I really enjoyed her blog and every thing she had to share. Dan Brown made a video about educational facilities and how they needed to improve. He really wanted to make it clear that it’s ok to change and not play by the rules all the time. The world is changing every day and nothing is going to stop that. It’s up to us as future teachers to make sure that our students will be able to survive. The kids that we will be teaching they are the future so schools, teachers, parents, the community and ect need to do all they can to make sure that students are learning and the use of technology is a big factor.


Don’t let them take pencils home
I remember one of my teachers telling me I was the worst speller she had ever come across. So I really enjoyed Mr. Johnson’s blog about hangman. I remember playing hangman and I really enjoyed the game especially when it was used in school to learn how to spell vocabulary words and spelling words. My parents always helped me with spelling by making flash cards, calling out my spelling words in the car and using the words every day. I use to think about the kids who didn’t have parents to do that with them and really struggled with spelling. I think that its important as a teacher to remember that not every child has the same opportunity to get help at home so while they are teaching it’s a great idea to have fun games like hangman to help kids find different ways of learning.

Two Questions that can change your life
I loved this video. It was very empowering and made me think. The quote , “ Are you better today then yesterday?” gave me the chance to really look back and think about my past the good and the bad. It’s important to know who you are and to always do your best to never forget who you are and what you stand for and to strive to improve because no one is perfect. My sentence is “ I am the past, present , and future.”

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angelica. I definitely agree with what you had to say about the world changing. You are so right- nothing is going to change it, so we will have to learn to embrace it. As teachers, it will be our responsibility to allow our students access to all of the educational benefits, including all of those that come from technology. I feel that we owe it to them to use all of the new technology because they are living in a world that is becoming more and more dependent on it. I also really enjoyed your sentence. It is important for us all to remember that we will be shaping the future and leaving our fingerprints on so many things, including the lives of young people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about the possibility that Mr. Johnson satiric and was talking about computers rather than pencils?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelica,
    I really liked reading your post and getting to know your opinion. I do however want to focus on your sentence because I think it is really bold and creative. You did not limit your self to anything in particular and still had a pretty powerful impact. Keep up the good work so that everyone can see you as you would like in your sentence.

    ReplyDelete